Remaining step to 0.15.0
Pierre-Yves David
2010-01-17 01:14:58 UTC
We made significant improvement and major bugfix to soya since 0.14.x. I think you can publish a 0.15.x version. With the new Deavid patches for up-to-date pyrex compatibility I think you should do it as soon as possible. My initial schedule was to publish a release candidate this week end. For an official release at the end of the month. But they are several issue I wish to see fixed before a 0.15.0 :

- laser rendering
- ode-mass tutorial
- ode-join tutorial
- test
- particle tutorial

I'm not available this sunday but maybe deavid and jiba can investigate those issues (any others good-will are welcome of course).

regards

marmoute
deavid
2010-01-17 11:42:40 UTC
       - laser rendering
       - ode-mass tutorial
       - ode-join tutorial
       - test
       - particle tutorial
I'm not available this sunday but maybe deavid and jiba can investigate those issues (any others good-will are welcome of course).
I'm adding to the list the bugs i recently found:
- laser rendering (tutorials affected: raypicking-1,raypicking-3,
ode-collision-7-hit_func-3-contacts)
- ode-mass tutorial
- ode-join tutorial
- test
- particle tutorial
- pudding-meter-1 tutorial (needs to correct its import)
- pudding svgelements (fails to find elementtree library)
- sound-1 tutorial
- unittest_events (test_queue_event)
deavid
2010-01-17 11:58:37 UTC
- ode-mass tutorial
- ode-join tutorial
- test
- particle tutorial
- pudding-meter-1 tutorial (needs to correct its import)
- pudding svgelements (fails to find elementtree library)
- sound-1 tutorial
- unittest_events (test_queue_event)
- ode-collision-7-hit_func-3-contacts tutorial (soya.Smoke expects
integer number of particles, got float)

=== SOLVED ===
deavid
2010-01-17 17:40:52 UTC
I have those patches in my local repo if anyone is interested:

c00cee5 Tutorial ode-mass: delete exit(0) call to allow the program run.
363458e Correct the import for elementtree (used in svgelements)
e0dde94 Tutorial particles-1: Change the default example to be
autogenerating particles by default.
fc93ce8 Tutorial particle-1: remove the deprecation warning.
c0895ec tutorial pudding-meter: update the import of meter library
cc54386 Tutorial ode collision 7: convert number of particles to int
9351d52 Jiba's version of laser.render

I'm working with other issues, when I finish I'll pusblish all the code
anyway.
Pierre-Yves David
2010-01-17 19:17:38 UTC
I pushed your patch + plus some other fix to the svn :

We stil have the following tutorial broken :

tutorial/test.py
tutorial/sound-1.py

--
marmoute
Post by Pierre-Yves David
- ode-mass tutorial
Fixed
Post by Pierre-Yves David
- ode-join tutorial
Awesome fix by Deavid
Post by Pierre-Yves David
- test
Still broken
Post by Pierre-Yves David
- particle tutorial
particle-1.py seem right now
Post by Pierre-Yves David
- pudding svgelements (fails to find elementtree library)
Does not crash (but I don't have cairo for further testing)
Post by Pierre-Yves David
- sound-1 tutorial
File "sound.pyx", line 38, in soya._soya.check_al_error
soya._soya.ALError: AL_INVALID_OPERATION
Post by Pierre-Yves David
- ode-collision-7-hit_func-3-contacts tutorial (soya.Smoke expects
integer number of particles, got float)
Fixed
=== SOLVED ===
Fixed
deavid
2010-01-17 19:19:19 UTC
Post by Pierre-Yves David
tutorial/test.py
tutorial/sound-1.py
test.py is corrected in my last push.

sound-1.py is corrected too, but reverting a previous commit.
Pierre-Yves David
2010-01-17 19:50:37 UTC
Post by deavid
test.py is corrected in my last push.
patch integrated to the SVN.
Post by deavid
sound-1.py is corrected too, but reverting a previous commit.
Jiba fixed it

That's great ! we finally get everything fine. Let's package a 0.15rc1 now.

regards

marmoute
deavid
2010-01-18 19:37:41 UTC
Jiba, I'm waiting to the RC1 release. I started to package it with my own
tar.gz but I'd like to see an official release.

I hope you have enough time to package soya and upload it to the website!

If I can help with anything more, make me know.