Tofu multiplayer error
Jan Filip Tristan Hasecke
2009-04-07 12:55:29 UTC

I'm trying to create a 3D Multiplayer game, with tofu. I have the basics now,
so I have a guy running on the ground with collisiondetection and physics.
In singleplayer mode the game runs fine. I can also start a server without any
problems, but when I want to connect a client, I get an uninformative error:

* Tofu * Server ready.
* Tofu * Connection from 127.0.0.1:40774.
* Tofu * Creating new player player...
Exception exceptions.RuntimeError: RuntimeError('CalRenderer_BeginRendering
failed: Invalid handle as argument',) in
'_soya._AnimatedModel._build_submeshes' ignored
* Tofu * Player player login.
* Tofu * Level l UID:4 activated.
Segmentation fault

I don't understand what I did wrong.

So, I have a link to my game and I would be pleased if someone could look at
my code and tell me what I did wrong :-) .

http://filip.hasecke.com/3d-roleplaying-game/view

the important files are human.py run.py player.py cameras.py controller.py and
game_interface.py

All this files are very small, so it'll not take so much time to look at it.

Thank you very much.

Yours, Filip Hasecke
Jan Filip Tristan Hasecke
2009-04-07 13:03:07 UTC
hi again,

I've forgot to tell how to start the game:

first u need to start the server:
python run.py server localhost:6902

then start the client:
python run.py client localhost:6902 Player

then the game crashes.

to start single player mode type:
python run.py single Player

Yours, Filip Hasecke