soya.gui.ScrollPane and Text
Nathan H
2010-04-11 18:52:50 UTC
While this bug isn't a HUGE must-squash, I feel it is best this is
written down somewhere since I spent several hours trying to
understand why my code was crashing.

scroller = soya.gui.ScrollPane(table)
soya.gui.Text(scroller, u"")

gives

File "test.py", line 52, in <module>
soya.MainLoop().main_loop()
File "main_loop.pyx", line 185, in _soya.MainLoop.main_loop
File "main_loop.pyx", line 281, in _soya.MainLoop.render
File "renderer.pyx", line 434, in _soya.render
File "renderer.pyx", line 409, in _soya.check_gl_error
_soya.GLError: GL_INVALID_VALUE

This above code WILL CRASH EVERY RUN. This is simply because the
textbox has no contents.

The very simple fix is to change u"" to u" " (a space, not empty). The
reason I wanted an empty text box was simply so I could fill it with
data at a later time. Hope this'll help anyone else who's trying to do
the same thing as me here.