Mark-up style TextBox (soya.gui)
Nathan H
2010-04-20 23:43:51 UTC
Good day!
I'm creating a program using soya, and I was wondering if the
following functionality was something people would like in soya.gui.

The feature is a Text Box which allows markup for different colours,
inserting images, and linking bits of text to a function call (such
that if a user clicks the specific text, the function will be called)

Later support may be added for things like differing fonts and styles
including underline, bold and italics.

I have a proof-of-concept script, which I am very willing to work on
and even turn into a patch if there is any support at all.

The script can be found here : http://hg.byethost11.com/test.py

The script requires you make or rename an image called "tick.png" in
data/images.

I realise the bit of code at the bottom, where text is inserted into
the widget, is a little unclear, and I intend to write a few wrapper
functions around making inserting text much MUCH cleaner and
understandable
Nathan H
2010-04-23 22:48:21 UTC
The script has been cleaned up to a MUCH more usable state.

The link again is : http://hg.byethost11.com/test.py

Let me know if you want other features added to this!